Paediatric First Aid (2 day classroom) – Level 3 Qualification
Do you work with children and are you ready should an emergency happen with a child?
With this course learners will have access to our online platform where they will learn in their own pace the theory behind first aid for children in a fully guided and interactive session where you can start and stop in your own time. You will then interact with other students in our classroom for 1 day and gain confidence to give aid to children in any situation.
Who’s it for?
- Nursery School Workers
- Registered Childminders and Assistants
- After school clubs
- Primary school teachers
- Sports coaches
Newly qualified entrants to an early years setting who have completed a level 2 and/or level 3 qualification on or after June 2016, must also have either a full paediatric first aid or a emergency first aid certificate within three months of starting work. Our courses comply with this and will get you ready for your new venture.
What will be covered?
- The roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Dealing with an unresponsive infant or child
- Recovery Position
- CPR and defibrillation
- Head, neck and back injuries
- Anaphylaxis and allergic reactions
- Febrile Convulsions
- Diabetic Emergencies
- Burns and scalds
- Electric Shock
- External Bleeding
- Hypovolaemic Shock
- Eye, ear and nose conditions
- Bites and stings
- Minor Injuries
- Treatment for hot and cold body temperatures
- *FREE Catastrophic Haemorrhage Control Training
- *FREE Paediatric First Aid made easy book